Archiv für den Tag 6. Juni 2012
Sepah intelligence agents (IRGC) stormed Hossein Ronaghi Maleki’s hospital room today. Hossein who was hospitalized in critical condition due to complications from his hunger strike was transferred to a different room in the same hospital and was banned him from visit. They also threatened his family not to publish any information about Hossein’s condition.
According to reports by Kalameh, few hours ago, Sepha Intelligence agents stormed Hossein’s room in Hasheminejad hospital, ordered the Intelligence Ministry’s agents and Hossein’s parents to leave the room, they then moved Hossein to a different room in the same hospital.
The Seopah intelligence agents did not give any reason for their action, neither did they give any explanation or information about his new location. They also prevented Hossein’s family from visiting him in his new room saying that they could only visit him during scheduled visiting times.
At the same time, agents called Hossein’s brother and threatened him to remain silent about Hossein’s condition.
Hossein Ronaghi was transferred to hospital on Sunday night in critical condition, however, he has refused to be connected to an IV and has refused to break his hunger strike despite the danger of loosing his kidney.
This blogger who has been incarcerated for two and a half years without being granted furlough, believes having additional surgery without being granted a medical furlough for post-operation treatment is pointless and therefore refuses additional surgery and will remain on a hunger strike until medical furlough is granted.
His family are worried that if the current conditions continue, it will eventually lead to a bitter and disastrous event.
A number of political prisoners incarcerated in Ward 350 released a statement yesterday which was published by Kalameh site. In this statement they warned that ignoring Hossein’s situation could put his life in serious danger.
They referred to a similar case of another political prisoner, Hoda Saber, who lost his life on hunger strike in prison, due to lack of proper medical treatment.
In this statement they also mention the medical examiner’s ruling that Hossein Ronaghi’s health is too dire to tolerate remaining imprisoned. They also mentioned the physicians recommendations for Hossein’s need to be granted medical furlough after surgery for proper care and treatment.
Hossein Ronaghi Maleki launched a hunger strike last week. He announced the launch of his hunger strike in a letter to the Leader. In this letter he explained the reason for his hunger strike and said, ” “I protest these illegal practices by launching a hunger strike as of May 26, 2012 and protecting my life is the responsibility of the officials of the Islamic Republic.
This hunger strike is in protest of, and to make a complaint about: The abuse and interventions in judicial matters by the Sepah Intelligence Corps, and the Intelligence Ministry. The loss of independence of the Judiciary Branch. To restore the Constitution, Judicial procedures, judicial independence, and; To restore the rights of political prisoners and their families (rights such as, use of furlough, use of telephone and visitation right and etc.).”
Kalameh reported yesterday that Hossein Ronaghi is under pressure to brake his hunger strike and has been threatened with being transfered back to prison. They also have threatened him with a negative media campaign against him.
Despite all of this, Hossein remains steadfast on his demand and says unless he is granted a medical furlough he will not brake his hunger strike.
Also, previously prison officials had said that they will cover all of his medical expenses, but they have recanted that statement and now say they can not cover his expenses due to Hasheminejad hospital not being under contract with them.
This blogger and human rights activist has been incarcerated for two and a half years without being allowed any furlough. He was arrested on December 13, 2009 in the city of Makan near Tabriz, and was immediately taken to Ward 2-A of Evin prison in Tehran.
Following UANI Campaign, French Shipping Service Pledges to Cut All Ties to Iran
New York, NY - Today, United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) applauded the French shipping service, Bureau Veritas, for pledging to end its certification of Iranian shipping vessels, specifically those of the Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (“IRISL”) and the National Iranian Tanker Company (“NITC”).
Following subsequent consultations with UANI, Bureau Veritas pledged that it has “decided to disengage completely from all Marine activities related to Iran.” Bureau Veritas assured UANI that this pledge specifically includes “all vessels of the IRISL and of its subsidiaries, irrespective of their flags,” as well as all NITC vessels.
Said UANI CEO, Ambassador Mark D. Wallace:
We applaud Bureau Veritas for ending its certification of Iranian vessels. We accept Bureau Veritas’s pledge to end all of its marine activities related to Iran, and we thank the company’s executives for taking this quick and responsible action.
The international community must focus specifically on the shipping industry, to deny the Iranian regime access to global trade and seaborne crude oil exports. Aligned nations should prohibit all international cargo shippers that service Iranian ports from shipping to the U.S., EU and elsewhere. By cutting off Iran’s shipping access, the world can further isolate the regime and hamper its nuclear program and support for terrorists.
UANI has highlighted the shipping industry as an area where the international community can further pressure Iran. In a March 17 Wall Street Journal Op-Ed, six UANI board members wrote that “the world must deny Iran’s access to international shipping, a move that would severely affect the regime given its dependence on global trade and seaborne crude oil exports. Aligned nations should prohibit international cargo shippers that service Iranian ports… from shipping to the U.S., EU and elsewhere.”
Click here to read UANI’s full letter to Bureau Veritas.
Click here to read UANI’s Wall Street Journal Op-Ed, “Total Sanctions Might Stop Iran.”
Click here to visit UANI’s “Shipping Campaign” page.
Deutschland: Verhandlungsgliederung zur muendlichen Verhandlung des Ersten Senats des Bundesverfassungsgerichts in Sachen Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz/Grundleistungen am 20. Juni 2012
A. Einführende Stellungnahmen ca. 10.00 - 10.30 Uhr B. Zulässigkeit der konkreten Normenkontrollen C. Begründetheit der konkreten Normenkontrollen ca. 10.30 - 12.00 Uhr I. Gewährleistung eines menschenwürdigen Existenzminimums ausweislich des Grundgesetzes Welche Vorgaben ergeben sich aus dem Grundgesetz, auch für den Gesetzgeber hinsichtlich der Gewährleistung eines menschenwürdigen Existenzminimums? Was ergibt sich mit Blick auf Europarecht und Völkerrecht? Was ergibt sich daraus konkret für das Existenzminimum von Menschen, die nicht dauerhaft in Deutschland leben? II. Die Leistungshöhe (evident unzureichend?) und deren Berechnung (transparent, nachvollziehbar, realitätsgerecht?) einschließlich eventueller Besonderheiten im Geltungsbereich des AsylbLG Ist der Lebensunterhalt mit den derzeitigen Grundleistungen gesichert? Was spricht dafür, was dagegen, diese als evident unzureichend zu bewerten? Welche Bedarfe sind gedeckt, welche nicht? Differenziert nach a) Erwachsenen (Haushaltsvorstand, Haushaltsangehörige) b) Kindern und Jugendlichen (bis 7 Jahre, 8 bis 14 Jahre, 15 bis 17 Jahre) Wie stellt sich die Beibehaltung der Sätze in § 3 AsylbLG angesichts der seit 1993 bestehenden Preissteigerungen dar? Warum ist von Anpassungspflichten (z.B. der Verordnungsermächtigung in § 3 Abs. 3 AsylbLG) nie Gebrauch gemacht worden? Gibt es Gründe, im Rahmen des AsylbLG von der Berechnung für Leistungen nach dem SGB II und SGB XII abzuweichen? D. Einschätzung der Folgen einer eventuellen Verfassungswidrigkeit der vorgelegten Regelungen ca. 12.00 - 12.30 Uhr Wer trägt die Finanzierungslast der Leistungen nach dem AsylbLG? E. Abschließende Stellungnahmen ca. 12.30 - 13.00 Uhr
Bloomberg: ”Iran accused the United Nations nuclear inspectorate of spying, vowed never to suspend uranium enrichment and cast doubt on whether a deal allowing wider atomic inspections is possible. ‘Iran will resist to the end’ and ‘will not permit our national security to be jeopardized’ by International Atomic Energy Agency inspectors working for Western intelligence agencies, the Persian Gulf nation’s IAEA envoy, Ali Asghar Soltanieh, said today at a press briefing in Vienna. ‘Iran will never suspend its enrichment activities,’ he said… ‘The agency, which is supposed to be an international technical organization, is somehow playing the role of an intelligence agency,’ Soltanieh said.”
Reuters: ”Iran’s top crude oil buyers in Asia have just weeks to come up with ways to keep imports flowing without falling foul of the toughest Western sanctions to date against Tehran’s oil trade. Solutions have proved elusive so far. A year ago, Iran was selling around two-thirds of its crude exports, or roughly 1.45 million barrels per day, to China, Japan, India and South Korea, securing vital flows of foreign exchange for a government many Western nations accuse of running a secret nuclear weapons program. Those imports have already dropped by about a fifth after the European Union and the United States drew up fresh sanctions, and they could drop further after the end of this month when those financial restrictions come into force. South Korean refineries have already given up, industry sources said. They will switch to other sources of crude supply from July 1. China, India and Japan are scrambling to deal with the biggest headache – an EU ban on insuring shipments of Iranian crude from July 1 – and are considering sovereign guarantees… So far this year, South Korea and India have imported 10 percent less Iranian crude compared to a year ago, while Japan and China have taken around 30 percent less.”
Lies den Rest dieses Artikels
A Canadian is facing imminent execution in Iran. He desperately needs you to intervene.
Hamid Ghassemi-Shall faces imminent execution in Iran.
Hamid was arrested in late May 2008 while visiting his mother in Iran. This arrest took place approximately two weeks after the arrest of his brother, Alborz Ghassemi-Shall.
In November 2009, Antonella Mega, Hamid’s wife in Canada received reports that both Hamid and Alborz were convicted of espionage and sentenced to death. The legal proceedings were deeply unfair and neither Hamid or Alborz had a meaningful opportunity to defend themselves. His conviction appears to be based on a document of an alleged email exchange between Hamid and Alborz. Hamid has unequivocally stated that the document is a complete fabrication and that he never sent any such message. Testing and analysis by his lawyer reportedly confirm that to be the case.
Hamid and Alborz were in solitary confinement for 18 months until the end of November 2009 when they were transferred to a general population section in Tehran’s Evin prison. On 20 January 2010 Alborz died in prison, reportedly of stomach cancer. Mr. Hamid Ghassemi-Shall reported that both he and Alborz were subject to “extreme pressure” during their detention.
Hamid Ghassemi-Shall was sentenced to death. His case has undergone a number of reviews, but the family confirmed in March 2012 that the death sentence has not been lifted.
On May 30 the House of Commons unanimously endorsed an urgent appeal to the Government of Iran to grant clemency to Hamid Ghassemi-Shall; called for his release and return to his family and spouse in Canada, and urged Iran to adhere to its international human rights obligations. Read more about the house of commons decision in The Toronto Star.
Thank you for your willingness to speak out to save a man’s life. Lies den Rest dieses Artikels