Time to Phone and Fax to Demand a Halt to Mitra Kahrom’s Deportation to Iran.
We have very little time before the Swedish government goes forward with its illegal decision to deport Mitra Kahrom to the bloody hands of the Islamic Republic, on Friday 2 September. It is up to us to make sure that doesn’t happen by phoning and faxing the Swedish authorities and putting pressure on them. Keep in mind that the decision in Mitra’s case has implications for at least 2 other women who have fled shari’a persecution; if Mitra is deported, those other two are at higher risk of deportation as well.
Background for Mitra’s case:
Mitra is both a political activist against the Islamic Republic regime, and a victim of persecution under the Islamic Republic’s shari’a law. More details about her case can be found in the following articles:
Article 1. The Islamic Republic Should Know that Until the Fall of This Regime, Mitra Kahrom Will Fight.
Article 2. Mitra Kahrom: Because She Is A Woman.
ACTION #1: Call the Swedish Migration Office:
Mitra needs you on the phones calling the Swedish Migration Office for the next two days, from 8:30am-4pm, to demand a halt to the deportation of Mitra Kahrom to the Islamic Republic of Iran.
1. Call +46-771-235-235. This is not expensive if you have something like Skype credits – you can just make a Skype-to-phone call.
2. You will have to navigate an options menu, and you will be able to hear that menu in English or Swedish.
3. You should select the option that allows you to inquire about an asylum case.
4. You will be asked to enter the case number, which for Mitra is 11-461807.
5. You will eventually talk to a person. Tell that person something like this: „I am calling with regard to the case of political activist and sharia law victim Mitra Kahrom. Mitra is a political activist who will face political charges if she is returned to Iran. She has also faced a lifetime of persecution in Iran on the basis of her membership in a persecuted class of people: she is a woman under shari’a law. Mitra, due to her activism in Iran and abroad, will certainly be detained & tortured. It is therefore illegal for the Swedish government to deport her. I demand that the Swedish government immediately halt these illegal deportations to Iran!“
ACTION #2: Call and Fax the Swedish Embassies in Your Country:
Call and fax the Swedish embassy in your country for Mitra. You can use the same message as above; make sure you include Mitra’s case number, 11-461807. The phone and fax list for Swedish embassies worldwide appears below:
Swedish Embassies and Consulates
Tel: +297-(0)8-232 62, 244 17
Fax: +297-(0)8-332 46
Germany Embassy and Consular Offices
Tel.: +49-30-50 50 60
Fax: +49-30-50 50 67 89
Tel: + 49-421-223 93 54
Fax: +49-421-223 99 58
Tel: +49-211-323 84 57
Fax: +49-211-323 97 52
Tel: +49-69-79 40 26 15
Fax: + 49-69-79 40 26 16
Tel: +49-89-54 52 12 15
Fax: +49¬-89-54 52 11 09
Tel: +7-095-937 92 00
Fax: +7-095-937 92 02
United States Embassy and Consular Offices
Embassy: Washington, DC
Phone: +1-310-445-4008 or +1-310-231-0249
Fax: +1-310-473-2229 or +1-310-473-8883
Veröffentlicht am 31. August 2011 in Aktionen, Empfehlungen, Gesetze, Medien, Meinungen, Politik und mit Abschiebung, Aktionen, Evin Prison, Flüchtlinge, Gefängnis, Human Rights, ICRIR, Iran, Medien, Menschenrechte, Politik getaggt. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink. Kommentare deaktiviert für Time to Phone and Fax to Demand a Halt to Mitra Kahrom’s Deportation to Iran..