Archiv für den Tag 3. Juli 2012
Bruno Tertrais, Senior Research Fellow, Foundation for Strategic Research (Paris, France)
Some experts claim that a nuclear-armed Iran would be a stabilizing force in the Middle East. The argument was made most recently in a provocative essay by US scholar Kenneth Waltz in the July-August edition of US journal Foreign Affairs.
Such a claim ignores the lessons of history, the realities of the region, and the idiosyncrasies of the Iranian regime.
The lessons of six decades of nuclear programs are that proliferation is undoubtedly dangerous.
Once nuclear-capable, many countries have shown a propensity for dangerous risk-taking and provocative behavior. In 1950, the Soviet Union supported the invasion of South Korea; in 1961, it triggered a major crisis in Berlin; and in 1962, it brought the world close to nuclear war (encouraged by a Cuban regime which was ready to sacrifice itself for the victory of the Socialist revolution). In 1969, China escalated its border conflict by sending forces across the Ussuri river. In 1999, Pakistan sought to alter the South Asian status quo by sending armed militants into Kashmir. In 2010, North Korea sunk a South Korean warship and shelled the island of Yeonpyeong.
Lies den Rest dieses Beitrags
UANI Reveals Lebanese State-Sponsored Iran/Hizballah Money Laundering Scheme that Fraudulently Supports Lebanon’s Sovereign Debt Market, Calls for Bondholder Divestment
UANI Investigation Uncovers Scheme to Artificially Support Lebanon’s Sovereign Backed Securities
Financial Institutions Begin to Divest Lebanese Sovereign Debt in Response to UANI Campaign
New York, NY – On Tuesday, United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI) announced the results of a confidential, three month-long investigation into the influence of Iran and Hizballah in the Lebanese banking system (LBS) and Lebanon’s sovereign bond market, and announced a campaign to compel legitimate financial institutions into divesting from Lebanon’s bond market.
UANI research and analysis, being made public for the first time today, reveals the existence of a state-sponsored Lebanese money laundering scheme involving Lebanon’s Central Bank-Banque du Liban (BDL)-and the LBS under the direction and influence of Iran and Hizballah. Lebanon has employed a state-sponsored money laundering scheme to „wash“ Iranian and Hizballah illicit monies, in order to artificially and fraudulently support Lebanese debt securities.
Over the past weeks, UANI has confidentially called on numerous institutions that hold and/or trade Lebanese debt securities to divest from those securities. Certain institutions have already divested as a result, including Erste-Sparinvest, Aktia, Eaton Vance, and Ameriprise Financial.
UANI is making its investigation public now, and calling on all financial institutions to divest from Lebanon’s Sovereign Debt market, and for all credit rating agencies to re-rate Lebanon to a „no rating“ as a result of this fraud. Given its financial fraud in support of Iran and Hizballah, UANI additionally calls for Lebanon to be cut off from the U.S financial system under Section 311 of the USA PATRIOT Act. Lies den Rest dieses Beitrags
Iran: Male/Male Illegal Female/Female Illegal – International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association
Top and his Bottom
Islamic Penal Code of Iran of 1991
“Part 2: Punishment for Sodomy
Chapter 1: Definition of Sodomy
- Article 108: Sodomy is sexual intercourse with a male.
- Article 109: In case of sodomy both the active and the passive persons will be condemned to its punishment.
- Article 110: Punishment for sodomy is killing; the Sharia judge decides on how to carry out the killing.
- Article 111: Sodomy involves killing if both the active and passive persons are mature, of sound mind andhave free will.
- Article 112: If a mature man of sound mind commits sexual intercourse with an immature person, the doer willbe killed and the passive one will be subject to Ta’azir of 74 lashes if not under duress.
- Article 113: If an immature person commits sexual intercourse with another immature person, both of them willbe subject to Ta’azir of 74 lashes unless one of them was under duress.”
Chapter 2: Ways of proving sodomy in court
- Article 114: By confessing after four lashes to having committed sodomy, punishment is established againstthe one making the confession.
- Article 115: A confession made before receiving four lashes (to having committed sodomy) does not involvepunishment of “Had” but the confessor will be subject to Ta’azir (lesser punishments).
- Article 116: A confession is valid only if the confessor is mature, of sound mind, has will and intention.
- Article 117: Sodomy is proved by the testimony of four righteous men who might have observed it.
- Article 118: If less than four righteous men testify, sodomy is not proved and the witnesses shall becondemned to punishment for Qazf (malicious accusation).
- Article 119: Testimony of women alone or together with a man does not prove sodomy.
- Article 120: The Shariajudge may act according to his own knowledge which is derived through customary methods.
- Article 121: Punishment for Tafhiz (the rubbing of the thighs or buttocks) and the like committed by two men without entry, shall be hundred lashes for each of them.
- Article 122: If Tafhizand the like are repeated three lashes without entry and punishment is enforced after each time, the punishment for the fourth time would be death.
- Article 123: If two men not related by blood stand naked under one cover without any necessity, both of them will be subject to Ta’azir of up to 99 lashes.
- Article 124: If someone kisses another with lust, he will be subject to Ta’azir of 60 lashes.
- Article 125: If the one committing Tafhiz and the like or a homosexual man, repents before the giving of testimony by the witnesses, his punishment will be quashed; if he repents after the giving of testimony, the
punishment will not be quashed.
192 Text of the law is available at:
193 See Special Report: Indonesia – Exchanging Pluralism For An Islamist State, available at:
- Article 126: If sodomy or Tafhizis proved by confession and thereafter he repents the Shariajudge may requestthe leader (Valie Amr) to pardon him.”
Part 3: Lesbianism
- Article 127: Mosaheqeh (lesbianism) is homosexuality of women by genitals.
- Article 128: The ways of proving lesbianism in court are the same by which the homosexuality (of men) is proved.
- Article 129: Punishment for lesbianism is hundred (100) lashes for each party.
- Article 130: Punishment for lesbianism will be established vis-a -vis someone who is mature, of sound mind, has free will and intention.
Note: In the punishment for lesbianism there will be no distinction between the doer and the subject as well
as a Muslim or non-Muslim.
- Article 131: If the act of lesbianism is repeated three lashes and punishment is enforced each time, death sentence will be issued the fourth time.
- Article 132: If a lesbian repents before the giving of testimony by the witnesses, the punishment will be quashed; if she does so after the giving of testimony, the punishment will not be quashed.
- Article 133: If the act of lesbianism is proved by the confession of the doer and she repents accordingly, the Sharia judge may request the leader (ValieAmr) to pardon her.
- Article 134: If two women not related by consanguinity stand naked under one cover without necessity, they will be punished to less than hundred (100) lashes (Ta’azir). In case of its repetition as well as the repetition of punishment, hundred (100) lashes will be hit the third time.”
Jahresbericht zur Legalität bzw. Kriminalisierung homosexueller Handlungen (Rechtssituation; Auszüge aus Gesetzen)[ID 220596]
|Dokument öffnen EN
Dokument öffnen FR
|Periodischer Bericht: State-sponsored Homophobia – A world survey of laws criminalising same-sex sexual acts between consenting adults|