Iran Prepares for Anti-West, Anti-Israel Quds Day
On Friday, August 17, Iran will mark International Quds Day, an annual event used to spread anti-Western propaganda and call for the destruction of the State of Israel.
„The day for those suffering under American oppression to confront the superpowers“
The Iran-sponsored Jerusalem Day is marked annually on the last Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Upon establishing the day in 1979, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of the Islamic republic, asked „all the Muslims of the world and the Muslim governments to join together to sever the hand of this usurper [israel] and its supporters.“ 
Emphasizing the international character of Quds Day, Khomeini noted that the commemorative events were not only a show of support for the Palestinian cause, but also an act of defiance against the US and the West, often referred to as the „arrogant powers.“
„Quds Day is an international day, it is not a day devoted to Quds alone“, he said. „It is the day for the weak and oppressed to confront the arrogant powers, the day for those nations suffering under the pressure of American oppression and oppression by other powers to confront the superpowers; it is the day when the oppressed should arm themselves against the oppressors and rub their noses in the dirt“. 
Every year, mass marches and rallies are held in Tehran and other Iranian cities. The Iranian government mobilizes the public and facilitates participation with organized transportation. 
Iranian leaders deliver harsh anti-Western and anti-Israel speeches, typically predicting the demise of the „Zionist regime“ and presenting Iran as the leader of the anti-US camp.
Masses of demonstrators chant slogans and carry signs that are dictated and distributed by the regime, stating “Death to America” and “Death to Israel”.
Quds Day is also commemorated in several countries across the Arab and Muslim world as well as in the West.
Iran: people must do their best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime
This year will be no exception, as Iranian leaders already are reiterating their anti-Western, anti-Semitic and anti-Israel messages.
In early August, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stated that “The Quds Day is not merely a strategic solution for the Palestinian problem, as it is to be viewed as a key for solving the world problems; any freedom lover and justice seeker in the world must do its best for the annihilation of the Zionist regime.”
Ahmadinejad continued saying that “Zionism is the modern times plight of the human society,” and that “It has now been some 400 years that a horrendous Zionist clan has been ruling the major world affairs, and behind the scenes of the major power circles, in political, media, monetary, and banking organizations in the world, they have been the decision makers.” 
In conjunction with last week’s Friday prayer, Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami, a senior cleric, said that the nations of the region “have the power to annihilate the Zionist regime.”
Quds Day statements by Iranian officials
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:
· „The Zionist regime is the hotbed for germs and cancerous cells. If they persist even in a very small parcel of the Palestinian land, they will move again and harm everyone.“ 
· „Nations can get rid of the infected tumor of the Zionist regime.“ 
Senior cleric Ayatollah Ahmad Jannati
· Quds Day is intended to expand „anti-US and anti-Zionist spirit among the nations.“ 
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:
· „The pretext [Holocaust] for the creation of the Zionist regime is false … It is a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim.“ 
· „The very existence of the Zionist regime is an insult to the benevolence of mankind. They start the myth of the Holocaust, they spread lies, they play roles, and they themselves initiate anti-Semitism.“ 
· „If the leaders of the region do not have the guts, then the people of the region are capable of removing the Zionist regime from the world scene.“
Hashemi Rafsanjani, Chairman of the Expediency Discernment Council:
· „They established this cancerous tumor in the strategic region of the Middle East in order to control the most important place in the world, in history, civilization and even the current political balance of power.“ 
Revolutionary Guards statement:
· „Undoubtedly, the fate of the fake and inhumane Zionist regime is nothing but destruction and annihilation… the Great Satan [the US] and the occupying Zionist regime are increasingly fearful that the countdown to the annihilation and end of the ominous life of the blood-sucking and criminal regime is imminent.“ 
Brigadier General Masoud Jazayeri, deputy chief of the Iranian armed forces:
· Quds Day „appears to pave the way for the collapse of Israel and its allies, namely the US and Britain.“ 
 „Announcement of International Quds Day,“ 1979, http://www2.irib.ir/worldservice/imam/palestin_E/10.htm
 „Day of Anti-Israel Protest Reveals Iran’s Internal Rift,“ The Wall Street Journal, September 4, 2010, http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704855104575470020696330864.html
“ Ahmadinejad: Qods Day to liberate Palestine, solve entire world problems,” IRNA, August 2, 2012, http://www.irna.ir/News/Politic/Ahmadinejad,-Qods-Day-to-liberate-Palestine,-solve-entire-world-problems/80257558
“ Senior Cleric: Regional Revolutionary Nations Able to Annihilate Zionist Regime,” FARS, August 13, 2012, http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9104253955
 „Palestine statehood ’step forward‘: Iran,“ AFP, August 26, 2011,http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h8WiKf—TXSxj1UwrAhh8bVG6kw?docId=CNG.ab59e94fa0a666f53b52714321259cd7.1d1
 „Ahmadinejad urges big Quds Day turnout,“ Press TV, August 22, 2011,http://www.presstv.ir/detail/195124.html
 „Ayatollah Jannati: Int’l Qods Day, Muslims’ resistance against Zionist regime,“ ABNA, August 19, 2011, http://abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&id=260630
 „Ahmadinejad says Holocaust a lie, Israel has no future,“ Reuters, September 18, 2009, http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/18/us-iran-idUSTRE58H17S20090918?rpc=64&sp=true
 Ahmadinejad Quds Day statements 2009, President.ir,http://www.president.ir/fa/?ArtID=17819
 „Ahmadinejad says Mideast peace talks ‚doomed‘,“ AFP, September 3, 2010, http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ikLXEypFtGedwQsYzWSIRyW8uY_w
 Rafsanjani statements in Quds Day sermon 2010, Asr Iran,http://bit.ly/pfYQ3k
 „IRGC: No Happy-Ending Waiting for Zionist Regime“, Fars, August 31, 2010, http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8906091341
 „‚Quds Day heralds fall of Israel'“, Press TV, September 2, 2010,http://www.presstv.ir/detail/140978.html
Veröffentlicht am 15. August 2012 in Gesetze, Medien, Meinungen, Politik und mit Ahmadinejad, Chamenei, Human Rights, Iran, Medien, Menschenrechte, Politik getaggt. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink. Kommentare deaktiviert für Iran Prepares for Anti-West, Anti-Israel Quds Day.