Saeed Zeinali story

Saeed Zeinali, one of the students in the 18 Tir student uprising (July 9th, 1999), the most widespread and violent public protests to occur in Iran since the early years of the Iranian Revolution, has been missing since that time.
Saeed, a computer science major at Tehran University, was taken away by Intelligence and Security Units of the IRGC (Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps) at his home on July 10th. The only contact his family has had with him was a phone call that he was permitted to make three months later. Since then, his family has not heard from him, has not seen him, and has no information about his health or his whereabouts.
Saeed’s mother Akram Naghabi and his sister have found that pursuing information about Saeed has not only been futile but also endangers his family. Saeed’s mother and sister were detained inside the Intelligence Ministry’s Ward 209 at Evin Prison for two months due to their interview with Voice of America about Saeed’s disappearance.
In an interview with Rooz online, a Persian news website staffed by exiled Iranian journalists in France, Akram Naghabi said “On July 10, 1999, three men came to our house. After they entered the house, the men said they had some questions for Saeed. Saeed’s father was at work. I kept asking them where they were taking Saeed. They said they had a few questions and that Saeed would be back soon. They took him. He called three months later and talked for two minutes. He said, ‘I am well. Follow up my case.’” Akram Naghabi continued, “We don’t know where my son is, nor why they had taken him, or what he had done. We followed up with every imaginable organization over and over, but didn’t get any information. Six months after Saeed’s phone call, I believe it was on the birthday of Imam Ali, they called us and said, ‘We are calling to give you good news about Saeed’s health and to make you happy.’ No matter how much we asked and we begged and insisted to know where they were calling from and where Saeed was, they didn’t give us any answers.”
When asked whether the arresting forces identified their organization or presented an arrest warrant, Naghabi responded, “They didn’t say where they had come from.”
“When we asked them about Saeed,” Naghabi remarked, “they kept saying that they were following up his case. They have yet to tell us where Saeed is and what has happened to him. Someone from Mr. Naghdi’s Office, the Head of Police Intelligence Unit at the time, told us, ‘Your kid has been arrested by our Operations Unit, don’t come here uninvited; whenever it is necessary, we will contact you ourselves,’ but nothing happened.
“When Mr. Qalibaf became the Chief of Police, his office requested a photo of Saeed from us because we followed up on his case. After providing the photo, they told us they would allow us to visit him. Later, they claimed that this commitment was out of their authority and apologized for the inconvenience.
“A couple of years ago, Mr. Salarkia, former Deputy Tehran Prosecutor in charge of Prisons, spoke with the Intelligence Ministry and gave us permission to visit Saeed. We then went to Mr. Mortazavi’s office, the former Tehran Prosecutor. His office told us to return in ten days. Every ten days after that we returned and they continued to postpone it. Finally, they said, ‘Go. We will get in touch with you as soon as we get a clue, as we aren’t authorized to see him.’
“Over these years, we have tried to contact as many officials as possible. We have contacted organizations such as the Supreme Leader’s Office, the Intelligence Ministry, the Interior Ministry, the Prosecutor’s Office, and everywhere else imaginable without any results.” Saeed Zeinali’s mother told Rooz Online.
The interviewer asked Neghabi whether they were ever able to find out Saeed Zeinali’s detention location. Akram Neghabi responded, “No. They never gave us any answers. Tehran’s Prosecutor General Jafari Dolatabadi told us to bring all the letters and documents we had to his office, but every time we go they tell us to wait and that they will pursue it. They give us no answers. Over the years, they have told us to go to different places, and from there to other locations, and yet to others. There is no organization that we have not visited. They won’t tell us where he is or whether he is alive or dead.”

Source: Iran Human Rights Voice

 

Veröffentlicht am 15. Juli 2013 in Dokumentation, Gesetze, Human Rights, Medien, Meinungen, Politik, Urteile und mit , , , , , , , , , getaggt. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink. Kommentare deaktiviert für Saeed Zeinali story.

Die Kommentarfunktion ist geschlossen.

%d Bloggern gefällt das: