Taxi (2015 film) by Jafar Panahi | BERLINALE 2015: Winner of the price of „Fédération Internationale de la Presse Cinématographique“ (FIPRESCI)
Taxi (Persian: تاکسی) is a 2015 Iranian drama film starring and directed by Jafar Panahi. It premiered in competition at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival. Similar as Abbas Kiarostami’s Ten and A Taste of Cherry, it has been described as „a portrait of the Iranian capital Tehran“ and as a „documentary-like film is set in a Tehran taxi that is driven by Panahi“ with passengers who „candidly confide[e]“ to Panahi. According to Jean-Michel Frodon, the passengers include „Men and women, young and old, rich and poor, traditionalists and modernists, video pirates vendors and advocate of human rights, [who sit] in the passenger seat of the inexperienced driver [who they refer to as] Harayé Panahi, ‚Mr. Panahi.'“ The passengers are played by non-professional actors, whose identities remain anonymous.
|Directed by||Jafar Panahi|
|Produced by||Jafar Panahi|
|Written by||Jafar Panahi|
Jafar Panahi Film Productions
Like his previous two films This Is Not a Film and Closed Curtain, it was made despite Panahi’s 20-year ban from making films.His previous two films had been shot in extreme secrecy in Panahi’s apartment and in a private house. In this film Panahi filmed out in the open on the streets of Tehran.
Shortly after the film’s premiere at Berlin was announced, Panahi released an official statement in which he promised to continue making films despite the ban and said „“Nothing can prevent me from making films since when being pushed to the ultimate corners I connect with my inner-self and, in such private spaces, despite all limitations, the necessity to create becomes even more of an urge.“ At the Berlin Film Festival, the film won the FIPRESCI Prize.
- Jafar Panahi
- „Jafar Panahi’s New Film in Competition. Sebastian Schipper, Werner Herzog, Benoit Jacquot and Further Titles Added to the Selection“. Berlinale. January 14, 2015. RetrievedJanuary 18, 2015.
- Frodon, Jean-Michel (February 5, 2015). „‚Taxi‘ de Jafar Panahi, premier événement de la Berlinale“ (in French). Slate France. Retrieved February 5, 2015.
- „Banned Iranian filmmaker part of the Berlin Film Festival lineup“. Haaretz.com. January 14, 2015. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- „Berlinale to screen „Atom-Heart Mother““. Tehran Times. January 16, 2015. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Vivarelli, Nick (January 26, 2015). „Iranian Auteur Jafar Panahi Issues Statement on Irrepressible Need to Direct Despite Moviemaking Ban“. Los Angeles, CA: Variety. RetrievedJanuary 28, 2015.
- „‚Taxi‘ Panahi was the competition in Berlin“. BBC Persian. January 15, 2015. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- „BERLIN 2015: Jafar Panahi ganó el FIPRESCI con Taxi“. fancinema. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
Veröffentlicht am 14. Februar 2015 in Berlinale, Iran, Jafar Panahi, Taxi und mit Iran, Jafar Panahi, Taxi getaggt. Setze ein Lesezeichen auf den Permalink. Kommentare deaktiviert für Taxi (2015 film) by Jafar Panahi | BERLINALE 2015: Winner of the price of „Fédération Internationale de la Presse Cinématographique“ (FIPRESCI).